SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Tuck Everlasting"


Once in a while, comes a movie so inspiring that it touches your heart and enlightens your mind to the next level.


"Tuck Everlasting" must be one of the few most powerful, thought-provoking, well-written "children" movies I've seen. It's a refreshing change from the last barrage of movies.  Who would have thought that this seemingly sweet, innocent, delightful PG-movie could carry such deep message. Even if you're not partial to kids movies, I strongly encourage you to watch it.  

If you've ever experienced and said to yourself, "I wish this moment would last to eternity" or "I wish I/we could stay like this forever" or "I'm scared of what the future would bring" or "I'm afraid of getting old" or "I don't want to die," "Life is so uncertain," you might be surprised to see the kind of perspective that this story would offer you.
It's a story about life and death, youth and aging, human and immortality. I cannot say more without giving it away, unfortunately, I'll have to stop right here.


Go see it. Although the answer may seem obvious, you can't help but ask yourself, given the choice... what would I do? What would I choose? And why?